Verizon MHS900 Hotspot Overheating
Verizon has been made aware that a very small number - less than .001% - of certain
Verizon internet hotspots (devices called “Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L and
MHS900LS”) used for distance learning have significantly overheated and caused heat related damage.
Verizon and the device manufacturer are investigating the cause of those incidents and
we are working with Verizon to provide options for exchanging your device if you so
choose. More information about how to exchange your device will be provided as
soon as it becomes available.
To help promote the safe operation of all devices, the manufacturer suggests the
following best practices:
- Use only approved charging cables, including the cable provided.
- Unplug your device once it is fully charged. Devices should not be left plugged in continuously.
- When not in use, power down your device.
- Place your device on a flat, solid, and sturdy surface such as a floor or table.
- Ensure your device is not covered for proper ventilation.
- Keep devices near room temperature when in use.
- Do not expose the units to extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Do not expose the unit or its battery to water or other liquids.
- Do not drop the units and do not insert foreign objects into the battery or unit.